Monday 4 February 2008

About Moi...

Thought it may be useful to put in a few facts about myself...

1. I'm currently writing a novel. After years of starting them, over editing the first chapter, deciding it's apalling and banishing it to a dusty computer file called 'Rubbish Writing Stuff', I've decided to carry on with this one regardless.

2. I single handedly keep scampi and lemon Nik Naks in business, a consequence of which is single handedly keeping Colgate Mouthwash in business.

3. I'm studying Music and Media Management at Salford Uni. It's my something to fall back on (if the writing fails miserably). Considering the chances I have of actually getting a swishy job at a record label, I should probably try to develop some more useful job skills. Like Acrobatics, or Spy techniques.

4. I live just outside of Manchester in a cupboard sized flat. My next door neighbour, Merv, regularly calls me a Bastard for no reason.

5. I've been with my boyfriend for 7 years this week. He's an artist and sleeps a lot.

6. I also love to sing and write songs and won the prestigious North Trafford College Song of the Year Award in 2004.

7. Like most writer types, I'm a bookaholic and probably have over a 1000 books. The collection grows steadily and some of them are terrible, but I cant bring myself to get rid of any!

8. I have a wierd crush on David Mitchell from Peep Show/Jam and Jerusalem.

4 comments:

Roland Hulme said...

I was fine up until number 8!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi there
You write in an upbeat way. I like it. What kind of book are you writing? I got you blog addy off the Wannabe site. I joined but haven't added any comments either. And I have joined this site - seems to be the one for authors!!!
Good luck with the book!!!Lesley

PrincessPolly said...

Is David Mitchell the one with the dark hair or the other one in Peep Show? I can never remember. I love Peep Show though.

Kirsty Novelicious said...

Polly,
He's the dark haired one with the chubby cheeks. I don't know why! It's odd, the other one is far more conventionally attractive!