Thursday 7 February 2008

Ouch...

I fell down the stairs!
I'm not known for being the most graceful of people, I often drop glasses (both wine ones and seeing ones, but mostly wine ones), tread on upturned plugs and generally spend my life tripping over, but this act of stupidness resulted in an actual bona fide injury. A deep gash to my shin and a two badly bruised ankles.

I'd been busy getting ready to go out for my sisters birthday dinner, when my fella E arrived at the front door, knocking furiously as the door was locked, he was late and still had to get changed. I live in a flat so have to go downstairs to answer the door. Anyway, I went to let him in when my stupidly high heel somehow got caught in the carpet and I went flying. E saw the whole event throught the little window in my door. And to make matters worse, started laughing! To be fair, he only found it funny once I got up and he realised I was infact, alive. But still. Laughing!

I ended up going to the restaurant, where I was able to ease the pain slightly with many glasses of wine. And lots of delicious, calorie laden food, my excuse for which, was that food ups the serotonin level, which can then act as a natural painkiller.
Since the fall, I have taken to negotiating the stairs on my bum. Just incase...

2 comments:

Roland Hulme said...

Plug lying on the floor with the pointy bits up? OWWWW! That's the one good thing about the flimsy American plugs. They just squish if you step on them. The British ones are VERY hard and pokey.

Unknown said...

Hi Kirsty
Mine is comical travel - well, hopefully comical : 0 ). I backpacked Australia for 6 months and it was amazing, as well as the people I met along the way. I just keep it light. I have working on cruise ships and other stuff to write about next. i've taken the brave step of sending 3 chaps to be proof read - there'll be loads of red pen marking I'm sure but I will learn a lot, I think ... They are called Real writers and I got the details from jane wenham book/web. I'm new to this blogging lark; good fun though!! I even set up cat blogs and been asked to write an article - bloody hell, nearly fell off my seat!!! Won't get paid but who cares!!! Have joined Jane's site but yet to add comments. be great to meet up with them but think it's all London based. I still feel shy about meeting with other writers - do you? Good luck with your book - how far have you got? Have a good day, lesley PS think I nearly left this on my view. Hope you get it!!!