Wednesday 18 June 2008

Stuff...

In the midst of all the blah, me and my mum decided to go to London for a bit to see my sister and get away from it all. My mum last went to London about 15 years ago, so it was cool to see her excitement at the buzz of it all.
People say when you get to London, you're either a lover or a hater. I'm a definite lover. Just being there gives me butterflys, I feel like a character in a chick lit novel!

Part of the itinerary was to go to a Mike Gayle book reading at Bromley Library, I love Mike Gayle, and filled half of my suitcase with the books I wanted him to sign. It wasn't until we were due to set off for the library that we noticed that we'd gotten the wrong Bromley (not Bromley by Bow), and that it would take us at least 2 hours to get there - by the time we arrived it would be half way through - gutted!
So instead, we went to the pub ;)
I had a lovely time in London - it was just what I needed.

Other stuff worth mentioning is...I got my degree result - a 2:1 Bsc Honours, which I'm happy about, although I was expecting a first!
I also had a guest blog published on bridalwave, which cheered me up no end, and you can read here.

Oh yes, I saw this brill trailer on youtube - it's Mary Poppins, recut as a horror!! I thought it was ace!
They also have one of The Shining recut as a romcom!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your degree!

Rose Red Art said...

Well done on your degree!

Loved the trailer! I'll never watch Mary Poppins in the same way again!

Roland Hulme said...

Too many darn Bromleys! I had a girlfriend from Bromley in Kent, once. was that where Gayle was?

It's great to see you back to blogging! We missed you!

P said...

Whereabouts in London were you? I was down there myself just last week!

Rose Red Art said...

Hi! You might recognise the photo but not the name! Could you change your link from my old blog to my new one? Link in my profile - The Last Word!

Thank you!

Roland Hulme said...

Hey Kirsty! Thanks for the message on my blog! Can't wait to read more of yours!

Martin sends a milk-scented kiss (bleugh.)