Wednesday 18 June 2008

Blah...

I'm back.
I've been busy having a quarter life crisis, and rather than post about it (which in retrospect would probably have been quite cathartic), I've hidden away eating hula hoops and watching crap telly.
It might be something to do with the fact I've just finished my degree and have got post student blues, it could be that I've hit the 7 year itch with E, it could be that I've put weight on and am not doing anything about it, or it could be that for the past 10 years I've been taking medication for Bipolar, which I recently stopped.
Having bipolar is something I haven't wanted to post about. It doesn't define me as a person, and I don't want to be one of those bloggers who thinks anyone would be interested in my strange ups and downs. It is worth mentioning, however as a way of explaining my sporadic absences from society.
Coming off medication was a big deal for me, and for a while I've coped brilliantly, but I think now's the time to acknowledge that my bipolar is something which can't be cured, and if I want to have any semblance of a normal life - I have to medicate.
I'll be doing another post after this one, so hopefully it'll get lost - it's just something I wanted to say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirsty, welcome back to blogland.