Thursday 6 March 2008

The Non-Existent Doctor's Appointment

I've just had a very odd phone conversation...

Doctors Receptionist: Hello Dr Stewarts clinic...

Me: Hello, I recieved a letter yesterday to tell me I've got an appointment for this afternoon at 4:30, I'd like to cancel it please.

Doctor's Receptionist: Why?

Me: Well, it was such short notice and I can't make it.

Doctor's Receptionist: What name is it?

Me: (give my name)

Doctor's Receptionist: Oh yes, it's already been cancelled.

Me: When?!

Doctors Receptionist: This morning.

Me: Well it's a good job I've just phoned isn't it?

Doctors Receptionist: Why?

Me: Well, because I would have turned up to a cancelled appointment.

Doctors Receptionist: We did send you a letter.

Me: When?

Doctors Receptionist: This morning

Me: What, by owl?

Doctors Receptionist: Excuse me?

Me: The appointment was this afternoon and you sent me the cancellation letter this morning. It wasn't ever going to reach me in time, unless you have magic stamps. Do you have magic stamps?

Doctors Receptionist: Doctor only realised his clinic was full this morning, he's tried to get intouch with you.

Me: How, by telepathy?

Doctor's Receptionist: You were ringing to cancel anyway.

Me: Thats not the point!

Doctors Receptionist: It's been changed to Monday now, so we'll see you then. Bye.

Me: Aaaargh...! Bye then.

7 comments:

Roland Hulme said...

Ha! I love it! 'But we sent you a letter..."

It was probably still sitting in her outbox!

Little Rambling Angel. said...

That is one of the most funniest conversations I have ever heard.

That has got to make it into one of your novels.

:0)

J-Money said...

"By owl?"

Bwaaaahahahaha!

I think I like you.

Helen Shearer said...

Hi. Found you on the novel racers site. This made me howl. I certainly hope you're going to print up a letter and send it out on Monday telling them that you can't make it. I had a similar conversation with a young man who worked at a dry cleaners. Stunning how vacuous some people can be. Makes me wonder how they got through the job interview in the first place. Then again without them we'd have nothing to blog about.

Moll said...

That is too funny. I like that you have balls to call them on that shit!

Unknown said...

Very funny, doctor's receptionists are a law unto themselves - bah. She must have gone on a How to confuse Patients course. haha

Kirsty Novelicious said...

Thanks all for the comments! I still haven't recieved the supposed cancellation letter. Bloody liars!